Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mount Mansfield




Today I had the awesome opportunity to climb to Mount Mansfield (the highest peak in Vermont). All I can say is I CAN BARELY MOVE!!!!!!!!! I knew I was out of shape but this really kicked my behind!!!!! The view was spectacular and the trails are beautiful. Vermont has to be one of the cleanest places in the world.

I went with my friend Mark Dilley and his wife Shannon. The entire trek totals 6.5 miles and the climb was around 2000-3000 feet.

The high temperature for the day was supposed to be 67 degrees. However, at the top of the mountain we were surrounded by snow and were freakin' freezing! I did not have a thermometer but it had to be in the upper 30s or lower 40s. The wind chill was for sure close to freezing. We put on the layers and we were shivering while we ate our snack.

In a couple of weeks, Melissa and I are going to hike the mountain with Mark and Shannon. All are welcome to join us for a visit. Of course it will have to be between the months of May and August if you want to climb the mountain. Also, for our injured, disabled or just plain lazy family members or friends who can't or don't hike, there is a way to drive pretty close to the top.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It still looks too cold for me. I'll stick around here. Let me know when the snow goes away. I woulda been cussin' if I were you.

jay&mary said...

Hey guys, It's been forever since we've seen y'all. Can't believe how grown up Macy and Tate are, and well we've never even seen Norah in person. They are so cute. Let's stay in touch better, at least we can now with the blog thing.