Friday, October 10, 2008

Flat Tyler





We have these great friends, The Theobalds, that we knew in Memphis. We both were in school and had kids the same age. Well, once we moved away, we kind of lost touch. We ended up here in Vermont and they are all the way in Mesa, AZ!! Recently we have found each other again and it has been great catching up with them. Their son, Tyler, is Macy's age and they were great friends. His school was doing a project about a book they were reading(Macy's school did it too about 2 weeks before him). The book is about a boy named Flat Stanley. He is flatten by a bulletin board and then he goes on all these adventures. So, he sent his Flat Tyler to us and Macy took him all around with her. He went to school one day with her. They took a really cute picture that her teacher printed off for him. Also, he went with us to Quechee Gorge. Here are our pictures with Flat Tyler. I really hope he enjoys all our pictures and info about Vermont. His teacher should be getting the letter this week. Enjoy Tyler! We had so much fun with you!!!

6 comments:

Kayleen said...

OH fun! Tyler is going to be sooo excited to get him back. Thanks a million! This will definitely make their wedding slideshow ;)

whitney said...

Thats cute... What a fun thing for Macy! I'm sure she'll never forget it!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Oh that is great- I wanted to do a Flat Hannah but I forgot about it in the move. We got one from the Walkers a few months ago. Thanks for reminding us!

Melissa Hodgen said...

We did that in school. Glad to see some traditions never die.

The Robinson Family said...

Hey Guys! Fun to see your blog. I bet it is starting to get cold up there. It looks beautiful though. The kids are growing up so fast and congratulations on the coming addition!!

Jeni said...

Hi Melissa! I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Jenny SUe's bff from college that used to live in Memphis when Jenny and Troy did while my husband was finishing his undergrad. Anyway, I was doing a bit of blog-stalking tonight and just wanted to tell you that I am so jealous of you living in New England, even if it is snowing in October! I lived in Boston for a year and ahalf and LOVED it. I actually have an uncle that lives in Quechee. My husband graduates from law school next May (we are at the Univ of AL), and then he will be a JAG attorney for the air force, so I am excited to see where we may get stationed..I have my fingers crossed for Hanscom AFB in Boston! I LOVE New England. Congrats on your baby, as well!