Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter '09




With Adele coming Melissa and I decide to go shopping for the kids Easter clothes in advance. This shopping excursion was the catalyst to Adele's birth. Well, thinking we were all ready, we never bought Adele an Easter dress. Luckily this is not our first girl so Melissa found a cute dress, put her in it and off we went to church.

Running late of course so we were not able to take pictures before hand. Of course, there was no picture taking possible outside as we had the coldest day we have had in two weeks (High-34) and it was flurrying. Trying to pretend that it was Spring because it is supposed to be warm on Easter, we headed of to church without coats. We arrived like 5 Popsicles (Not Adele because she was wrpped like a little Eskimo baby) feeling like the worst parents in the world, convinced it would warm up. IT DIDN'T. Our furnace has been going all day.

So, needless to say (but I will anyway because Envy is an ugly green monster), there are no pretty outdoor Easter pictures. (See Whitney's blog with beautiful pictures of Lexi, Tucker, and Daisy in front of blooming flowers like they live in the Secret Garden. I do have to say that those kids are beautiful.)

Once we got to church Melissa had to fed Adele immediately. It took a little longer than expected and the three kids were in the pew ALONE until after the sacrament. Melissa had asked two sister's that were sitting in front to keep an eye on them since I was on the stand. I have to say they did pretty well but I eventually had to leave the stand to take Tate out for a talk. Shortly thereafter Tate and I returned at the same time that Melissa and I returned. After the meeting I went over to see everyone before we went are separate ways. Before I could make it there Sister Cummings (the Bishop's wife) grabbed my tie to pull me down to her level, 5 foot nothing, and reprimanded me only in a away a grandmother could. I have a new appreciation for my kids and how well behaved they are. Sister Wachob, the other sister and the wife of a member of the stake presidency, said the same thing. Basic lesson, CHILL OUT DAD.

After all of that we came home to take pictures. Ours, unlike Whitney's, are pictures in our little dining area of the apartment. We had just gotten home and all 4 kids were starving for lunch, or at least ready for the Easter candy that would follow lunch. (Maybe we will put them back in their outfits for a staged Easter photo shoot. They really were cute.)

In all seriousness and with all dryness aside, I am so grateful for what this season reminds us of, the Atonement. I have testimony of my Savior, I love him dearly, and I know that he loves me. I don't know where I would be without that knowledge and am forever grateful for that testimony.

6 comments:

whitney said...

Well you could have stayed in Memphis!! No one made you leave! Seriously if you would have known I was going to be here would you have stayed?!! :)

If it makes you feel better it was kinda chilly hence the reason Daisy was screaming... and I couldnt get a great picture because the other two just wanted to go inside and get some hot chocolate?! ..no snow flurries though!

Melissa Stubbs said...

I hope you all realize that this blog came straight out of my inner envy. :-) Whit's pictures are awesome.

Lindsay said...

No need for envy. Whit gets better Easter picts, but there's no beating your Christmas picts! Let's be honest--Vermont is a winter-wonderland. :) It just comes with tradeoffs.
Your kids are beautiful no matter where they are. Love you all and love the great pictures!

Kim said...

Those have to be the cutest kids ever! Love the easter outfits.

Melissa Hodgen said...

Check out our blog and how we spent Easter. I love the fact that you blog Dustin. I wish Steve would because our blog would be so much more interesting. We miss you guys.

Tiffany said...

Love the Easter Outfits!! You have such a beautiful family!!! fun catching up! Congrat's and I'm glad all went well with the baby's birth!