Monday, February 2, 2009

It's great to be 8!!






Well, we've had one of the biggest weekends in our lifetime this past weekend. Macy had her birthday and turned 8! She had a birthday party at the bowling alley on her birthday, Friday night. Then on Saturday afternoon she was baptized! We are so proud of her! Her birthday party was lots of fun and the girls all had a great time. The baptism was wonderful. We were able to have Mimi and Pop Pop and Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Nate come up for the festivities. Mimi and Lindsay both gave great talks. Pop Pop and Nate were able to stand in on the confirmation. Macy definitely felt the spirit. She is such a great girl! I'm posting these pictures now. My mom took some great ones too. Once she lands and sends them to me, I'll post those too. Congratulations Macy! We love you!

10 comments:

Jo Youngquist said...

Hi guys! I can't believe how fast time flies and how big the kids are getting! You guys look great and congrats on #4! We miss you guys!!!

Amber Chappell said...

Congrats to Macy. I still imagine her as a little 4 year old! Also, Melissa the pregnant picture of you on your sidebar is soooooo cute! Man, I wish I could've looked that good when pregnant but no such luck!

La Famille Hatch said...

Hey Melissa - What great photos!I can't believe that Macy is already 8 years old??? I was instant messaging AVery Hewitt yesterday and he asked how my cousin was doing. I said what cousin, then realized he meant you. We were such liars back in the day, huh? He remembered us getting in trouble b/c we rode our bikes to his house. ha ha

Erin said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! And you look great too!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Seriously, Isn't Macy that cute little girl that can barely manage to call me Sa?! She is so grown up! That's so wonderful. She must have great parents!

Mason & Laura said...

Congratulations Macy! What a special weekend. It sure is "great to be 8"!!

Dave & Jada said...

Yeah for Macy! I am glad family was able to be there! so fun and I hope you are feeling well, Melissa! It has been fun talking to Mitch on Facebook. I know they are having there 80's party this weekend and I am sure you are sad to be missing it!

shelley said...

Wow Your kids are so cute! I can't believe you have an eight year old. Time goes by so fast. I don't think I have seen you in a really long time Molly told me she found your blog I'm glad. If you have any other family members with blogs send them my way!

maggie said...

CONGRATULATIONS MACY!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Kim said...

Wish we could have been there! Macy that's a special dress! I was the first to wear it, then Aunt Stacey, then your mom, then Hannah, and now you! (Madeline & Olivia got skipped, because they couldn't both wear the dress at the same time!:)) Maybe Claire will wear it this summer! Congrats and we love you!