Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shelburne Farms






Yesterday we went with our friends to a place here called Shelburne Farms. We are both fairly new and had heard that it was this great place with lots of fun things to do. Well, it was! They have this farm area with tons of different animals. We walked about 3/4 of a mile on a beautiful path to get to the farm. The kids were able to see goats, llamas, chickens, cows, horses, pigs, lambs, what else... too many for me to count! They also got to take goat fur and make a piece of yarn with it. Plus, they got to milk a cow! Also on the property there is a cheese factory where they make cheese from all the cow's milk they get. We really had a great time. Thanks Kaylene for inviting us!

4 comments:

whitney said...

Milking cows! Thats awesome! Does Macy start school soon? Its already started here, can you believe that! Talk about no summer vacation!

Ryan and Kaytee said...

I went to dinner with your sisters the other day and they filled me in on all the family excitement ;)Hope you all are doing well.

Kayleen said...

You've run into another Kaylene I see! My kids would have loved that farm!

Rachel said...

Every post of yours makes me miss being there!Gosh, now I miss the New England life (are you in league with Steve? I know you are!) Sounds like so much fun! We would have killed to go to Montreal with you. Darn it! I'm glad you are enjoying yourselves..without us.